Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Poindexters ∟ ^2 (corner squared)

H! +h3r3 f3||0 g33k511,

er, ok, the 3ditor jst gave m3 teh ultimatum - "3!+H3R either write so ppl cn undrstnd people can understand u you", or s/he won't be picking up the tab for pizza and redbull ne more..and And I have to use a modicum of capitalization, punctuation and grammar befitting someone of my educational achievement. (rolleyes) (L053R) No, I am not sure what gender the editor is, and as a matter of fact, I hadn't considered it until now (in attempting to use an appropriate pronoun): the goal is integrating software across divergent platforms, not evaluating eachothers hardware, and with an irc handle of "boolian_and_or_oid", any presumption would be nearly equally likely wrong.

Ok then, to start over:
Hi there fellow geeks!!
Welcome to my corner of the fringe of teh digital universe, a place where besides doing long string hex pattern analysis in D-flat programing, my job is to keep my ear on the pulse of gestating geekdom and notable nerdness.

Just this evening (morning by most peoples standards) I realized another 24 hour period had ellapsed, because the pizza delivery punk just dropped off another pizza. I kindly informed him as he held out his hand for a tip (I assume it was a him, hard to tell) that as of this box, I had achieved a binary meg of pizza box tops. He gave me the stupidest blank stare. I brought my 1.94132 meter frame down to 'his' eye level, looked over the top of my glasses and said slowly, so as be understood: "That is 1,024. It's for people like you (pause) - ever hear of boxtops for edjukayshun?"
I watched with satisfaction as a smile of what I assume was gratitude crept across the hardware studded face before me. I placed the fifty cent tip in the outstretched hand, and watched as the figure in baggy black headed back to the vehicle with a surprising mirth. For a moment, I almost envied the fact 'he' had a license to drive.
Oh well. There it is, nerds and nerdettes: even sequestered in our ecclectic enclaves, we can make a difference in ordinary lives. Save those box tops!


Now, if I can find the address to redeem the suckers... time to dogpyle the .edu's... and meanwhile, if any of you have creative uses for pizza box tops (just in case the redemption period has expired), leave a comment below.

Digitally yours,
Milton O. Poindexter IV.PhD

2 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

You can use them to block the sunlight coming from that dreaded sun, you know, to reduce glare.

12:52 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

That's true. Cover the windows with them.
Plus it'd have kind-of an aromatherapy affect...
The box lids would block the sunlight, and the sun would warm the old stuck-on cheese, releasing the fragrance into the air like a glade plug-in.

:)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home